French Bean Foogath is a typical vegetarian recipe with fewer spices. It is mild sweet in taste because of its main ingredients beans, onion and coconuts grate. Also, Its nutritional and healthy recipe bundled with fiber which helps control bad cholesterol and also maintain sugar levels.
I thought not to disturb its nutritional values and tried to prepare in a microwave oven. Preparing French Bean Foogath is very simple, all you need to do is to set up all the required ingredients well before you start cooking then just follow the steps mentioned.
If you wanna save some time or you don’t want to cook the whole recipe using the microwave, you can boil french beans and save your time. Sometimes it’s not that easy to determine whether vegetables are cooked in a microwave, so we always set time intervals in 2-3 minutes. But if you cook outside you may have a perfectly cooked recipe.
French Bean Foogath Microwave | How to Make French Bean Foogath
- French beans – 300 gms. Cut down to half-inch pieces
- Coconut grate - ½ cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Curry leaves – 8 leaves
- Green chillies – 2 no. minced
- Onions – 1 no. Sliced
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp. chopped
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
How to Make French Bean Foogath:
- Take a microwave safe bowl and add oil, mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Cook for two minutes on high temperature without lid covered
- Add onions and further cook for three minutes.
- Add French beans and salt and cook for 3 minutes with lid covered on high temperature.
Tip: Add little water while cooking to maintain the moisture of the beans, if needed sprinkle water for every 3-minute interval.
- Add coconut grate and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Lemon juice, mix well.
- Garnish French Bean foogath with coriander leaves and serve hot.