Ginger Chicken along with mushrooms is a great combination, its aroma makes you consume it immediately and makes you irresistible. Ginger chicken gravy recipe is a thick gravy made from soya sauce and tomato puree.
Ginger garlic paste or garam masala are commonly used ingredients in non-vegetarian recipes. These ingredients not only add extra flavor to the recipe but also aids in digestion.
Ginger Chicken, How to Make Ginger Chicken Recipe, Ginger Chicken Gravy
Ingredients for Ginger Chicken:
- Chicken - 500 gms.
- Onion finely chopped – 1 no.
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 tsp.
- Mushrooms – 4 no. you can even use dry one
- Soya sauce – ¾ cup
- Garlic clove crushed – 1 no.
- Vinegar – 4 tsp.
- Corn flour – 1 tsp.
- Tomato puree – 1 cup.
- Pepper – To taste
- Water - Required quantity.
- Salt – As your taste.
How to Make Ginger Chicken Recipe:
- Cut mushrooms into thin slices.
Tip: If you are using dry mushrooms then soak them in warm water for about half an hour, drain and rinse.
- Clean chicken with tap water and remove blood stains.
- Boil chicken in a separate vessel by adding a little water and drain the water into the bowl and keep aside.
Tip: Drained water can be used back to make gravy.
- When chicken is being cooked, prepare tomato puree (explained below).
- Heat oil in a saucepan and put onions, ginger, garlic, tomato puree, soya sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Once it starts boiling, lower the flame for 2 minutes and add mushrooms along with drained water from boiled chicken.
- On another hand, cook chicken further for about 3-4 minutes in a saucepan by adding little oil.
- Add soy mixture to above by adding drained chicken boil water along with corn flour.
- Corn flour acts as a thickening agent, once you find thick gravy remove from flame.
- Ginger Chicken Recipe is ready to serve. Serve hot.
Preparation of tomato puree:
- Usually preparing tomato puree is very easy, take 2 ripened tomatoes.
- Put them into hot water and immediately transfer to cold water, this process is used to remove the skin easily.
- After removing skin, we can now transfer to the blender and make a smooth paste.