Ginger Garlic Paste is mainly used as a flavoring agent in many Indian recipes. Because it has many culinary uses and also it serves as a gastric stimulant, most of the kitchens (especially who cook non-vegetarian recipes) in India have this ingredient stored with high priority.
Learn how to make ginger garlic paste recipe with step by step image instructions. Also, tips and notes on how to remove the skin of garlic and also tips on how to store this recipe.
Adding this condiment, it not only makes meat soft but also enhances the flavor of the recipe. Even while making plain biryani or other vegetarian recipes we add this to enhance flavor.
Ginger Garlic Paste Recipe, How To Make Ginger Garlic Paste with Tips
Ginger Garlic Paste is one of the basic ingredients for cooking non-vegetarian recipes. Our version of the recipe can be stored for more than 3 months.
- Ginger – 250 gms.
- Garlic – 250 gms.
- Salt – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – 2 large spoons
- Wash and clean ginger, dry them under the sun or fan.
- Slice ginger into small pieces and put it in the grinder.
- Blend to a coarse paste and add 1/2 tbsp. salt.
- Add 1 large spoon oil and 1/2 tbsp. turmeric powder.
- Grind till it becomes soft and keep aside.
- Grease your hands with oil and remove the skin of garlic cloves.
- Add them to the grinder, when they turn coarse remaining turmeric powder, oil and salt.
- Mix both ginger and garlic paste and store in an air-tight container.
- While blending we can add little vinegar to increase its self-life, it doesn’t alter the freshness of the recipe.
- Before making this recipe, you can even sundry ginger and garlic to remove moisture. Even blender and storing jar should be moisture free.
How to Make Ginger Garlic Paste:
- Wash and clean ginger root so that all the mud above it gets washed.
- By this point, even the skin on the ginger root gets soft.
- Scrape the skin and cut into small chunks and keep aside.
Tip: Dry peeled the skin of garlic and keep aside, this can be used while preparing ginger tea. This will enhance the flavor of the tea.
- Peel the skin of garlic.
Tip: Apply oil to garlic cloves and expose to sunlight so that the skin comes out easily.
- Put ginger pieces in a blender.
- Grind them coarsely and then add ½ tbsp. salt.
- Grind further till they turn soft.
- Add 1 large spoon oil and ½ tbsp. turmeric powder, grind further it grinds to smooth paste.
- Put this paste in another bowl.
- Remove the skin of garlic cloves and add them to ginger.
Tip: If you want to remove the skin of garlic cloves, add little oil to your hands and coat it to cloves. Dry them under the sun for 5 minutes. Rub them hardly so that skin gets removed easily.
- Grind cloves coarsely and add ½ tbsp. turmeric powder, ½ tbsp. salt and 1 large spoon of oil.
- Once it’s blended to a fine paste, add both ginger and garlic paste together.
- Store it in an air-tight container.
Tip: Usually this recipe shelf life is one month, In order to increase the shelf life of this paste we can refrigerate to increase to six months.