Gobi Ka paratha is Indian style bread stuffed with grated cauliflower and special Indian spices. It one of the Punjabi recipe and goes well with plain yogurt (curd) or with mango pickle. During the winter season, it will be the best breakfast recipe. As its already stuffed with vegetables, it makes soft to slice the bread into slices and can simply be eaten with yogurt.
Before making this recipe I was wondered how can we make paratha by stuffing cauliflower as dough breaks when we roll. But I got a suggestion from my friend that place one more paratha after filling and then roll it gently. I thank her for giving a wonderful suggestion from then it became easy to make any kind of stuffed paratha recipes like aloo ka paratha.
Gobi Ka Paratha Recipe, Cauliflower Paratha, How To Make Gobi ka Paratha
- Plain flour - 2 cups
- Water for kneading - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- For Filling:
- Cauliflower grated - 2 cups
- Green chillies finely chopped - 3
- Coriander leaves finely chopped - 1 tsp.
- Red chilly powder - 3/4 tsp. according to taste
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt - according to taste
- Oil - Required
How to Make Gobi Ka Paratha:
- Sieve the flour, add salt, water (little at a time). Knead it into a medium soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth for half an hour.
- Add green chillies and coriander leaves to grated cauliflower, mix well.
- Add the remaining spices and mix further.
- Divide the dough into small equal pieces.
- Roll the ball into a small circular shape and put the above mixture and close all sides with the help of dough.
Tip: If you are not good at closing and making paratha recipe, make two rolls and use these rolls as a sandwich. i.e: once you put cauliflower stuff, spread it and put another paratha and roll gently.
- Now gently roll this stuffed dough into a plane sheet.
- Do this procedure for all the dough balls.
- Now cook the paratha on tava by applying little oil on both sides until light brown.
- Gobi ka paratha is ready. Serve hot with chutney or pickle or plain yogurt.