Gobi Manchurian Gravy is one of the famous starters in India. Cauliflower Manchuria is delicious, tangy spicy and gravy. It is made of deep fried Cauliflower florets blended with spices having tangy Manchurian gravy. It goes well with rice as well as parathas. Gobhi Manchurian, though originally a Chinese dish has been localized to Indian taste
Cauliflower (clean and sliced into medium sized florets) – 1 medium sized flower
Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp.
Spring onions (finely chopped) – 1 small bunch
Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp.
Rice flour – 2 tbsp.
Cornflour – 2 tbsp.
Capsicum – 1/4 cup.
Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp.
Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp.
Soya sauce – 1/2 tbsp.
Vinegar – 1 tbsp.
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tbsp.
Red chillies (dry) – 2
Oil – for deep fry
Salt – 2 tbsp.
Water – required for boiling (500 ml.)
Milk – 1 tbsp. (optional)
How to Make Gobi Manchurian Gravy:
- Boil the florets by adding little salt and turmeric powder to clean properly.
Tip: You can add 1 tbsp. milk in water to lock florets white color.
- Drain and dry on a clean cloth.
- Meanwhile, make a thick batter of flour.
- Add cornflour, rice flour, ginger garlic paste, and salt.
- To make it much spicier add garam masala powder, black pepper powder, red chilly powder and little red color.
- Dip the florets in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- Add 3 tbsp. oil, add ginger, garlic pieces, and spring onions saute for a minute.
- Slice capsicum to one-inch size and add it, salt, tomato sauce and green chilly paste.
- Meanwhile, make cornflour syrup by adding 1 tbsp. corn flour to 1 cup water and dissolve well.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, cornflour syrup and cook until thick gravy.
- Add cauliflower florets and saute well until gravy is absorbed by florets.
- Cook for two more minutes until you get a thick gravy.
- Gobi Manchurian Gravy is ready. Garnish with onion slices and sliced spring onions.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.
How to Make Gobi Manchurian Gravy Restaurant Style: