Gujarati Kadhi Microwave Recipe is one of the best recipes from Gujarati cuisine. Every part of India has its own special dish like this one. Instead of besan flour, we have used rice flour for the thickening agent. If you want you can also use besan flour.
As per your taste you can maintain its consistency thick or thin. Usually, it has thinner consistency with sweet and sour flavor. I tried to maintain this recipe simple if you want you can add pakoras or koftas. When it comes to Punjabi Kadhi, you will find a thick version of this recipe.
This recipe goes well with jeera rice or khichdi. Any recipe which is sweet and spicy, yogurt based will keep your stomach light and aids in digestion.
Gujarati Kadhi Microwave Recipe, Sweet and Sour Gujarati Kadhi Recipe
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Curd/ yogurt – 2 cups
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tbsp.
- Curry leaves – 6-8 no’s.
- Green Chillies – 3 no.
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
- Ghee – As per your taste
- Salt – As per your taste
- Add yogurt/ curd, salt to rice flour and mix well.
Tip: If you like to have sweetness in this recipe and the yogurt you are using is not that sweet as your expectations, you can add little jaggery.
- In order to make a smooth batter, add 4 cups of water and mix well.
- Take microwave safe bowl and add ghee, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies and asafoetida, mix well.
- Put this bowl in the microwave at a normal temperature without lid for 1 minute.
- Add yogurt batter to above and mix well.
Note: Make sure that there are no lumps before you are cooking in the microwave.
- At high temperature, cook for 4 minutes without a lid.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Gujarati Kadhi microwave goes well with jeera rice and pulao.