Gulab Jamun Recipe is one of the popular Indian sweets. Gulab Jamoon is prepared during all kinds of festivals and on all auspicious occasions. Gulab Jamun is so soft that it melts in the mouth by leaving its essence and make you eat one more. It can be eaten by all ages especially your children will like to eat.
This recipe can be made in many variations like by adding khoya, milkmaid, milk powder, mashed sweet potato and even by using bread. Each has its own unique flavor, our version of the recipe is made with a ready mix as it simple and can be made in no time.
Many of us face problems in making right sugar syrup, I made it thin as gulab jamuns can absorb and swell right away. One should also take care while deep frying as they should be done on medium flame.
Gulab Jamun ready mix – 200 gms.
Water – 600 ml.
Milk – ¼ cup (optional)
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp.
Almonds – 3 no.
Sugar – 250 gms
Oil/Ghee to deep fry
How to Make Perfect Gulab Jamun Recipe:
- Take branded gulab jamun ready mix powder in a wide vessel.
- Add required amount of water to make it soft and hard dough.
Tip: If in case dough becomes lose then you can add little milk powder to make it hard.
- Make small balls of equal size and keep aside. (they should be fried immediately)
Note: Make sure that there are no cracks on balls as when deep fried they may split. Also, these balls should be fried immediately as once dried you may see cracks in them.
- Meanwhile, make the sugar syrup and keep it ready. (explained in below steps)
- Heat the oil/ ghee and drop all balls one by one.
- Once gulab jamun turns color, flip them to other side and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and transfer to another bowl.
- Pour sugar syrup over jamoons soak for 10-30 minutes.
Note: You can also drop gulab jamun into sugar syrup directly from oil.
Sugar Syrup for gulab jamun:
- Take the sugar in a heavy pan and add 500ml of water.
Tip: Add a tbsp. of milk to separate the dirt. Strain and boil again.
- Checking syrup is very easy while dropping from a spoon it falls in a thin single thread.
Tip: If you are confused about the thickness of syrup never mind. If you see that the syrup is thick, and jamoons are not swelling then sprinkle few drops of water over jamoons. They absorb water and swells.
- Cardamom powder should be added at the end of the syrup so that its flavor and essence is not lost.
- Gulab Jamun Recipe is ready, garnish with almond slices.
Tip: This recipe can be consumed hot or chilled, it tastes great in both forms.
How to make Perfect Gulab Jamun Recipe Video: