In some parts of the country, people prepare halwa and puri separately and have them by munching halwa with puri. We find such tradition in Pakistan, they eat Semolina Halwa Stuffed Puri as their breakfast.
This recipe is said to be originated from Sindhi Cuisine especially from the Indian subcontinent. If you are planning to make something special for your children for their holidays then you must try this one for sure. I bet your children will love it.
Semolina Halwa Stuffed Puri doesn’t need many ingredients, that is why even bachelors can make it easier. If you have any doubts or feedback you can leave your comments below in comment box or just share this recipe with your friends using our share toolbar.
Halwa Puri, How to Make Halwa Puri Recipe, Semolina Halwa Stuffed Puri
- All purpose flour/ Maida – ½ kg
- Semolina – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Oil – ½ tsp.
- Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Salt – required quantity
- Water – 4 cups
How to Make Halwa Puri Recipe:
Add ½ tsp. ghee in a pan and stir fry semolina for a while.
Add water in a separate bowl, once water reaches boiling point add semolina and remaining ghee.
Stir continuously by adding sugar and cardamom powder.
- Make sure that there are no bubble formations.
- Once ghee oozes out, transfer to the other bowl.
- Meanwhile knead all purpose flour/ maida by adding little water, oil and salt.
- Make equal parts of dough and keep aside.
- Roll the dough like puri and place a small amount of halwa and close the ends.
- Once again roll the dough and deep fry in the oil.