Jeera Rice is one of the North Indian recipes. It is not only good in taste but it is equipped with bundles of nutrients and health benefits. For the people who are very health conscious, this recipe gonna be a perfect food.
If you are making for someone special then I suggest you use a minimum 2 year old basmati rice as old rice is less sweet than the new one and will absorb the flavors or spices of our recipe. One can feel the aroma of Zeera Pulao.
If you are cooking in a pressure cooker, first saute all spices (if you add extra spices mentioned in tips below) and add rice to cook so that rice absorbs the flavor and we get non-sticky rice grains.
Jeera Rice Recipe, Zeera Pulao, How to Make Jeera Rice Recipe
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
- Onion chopped - 1 small size
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
How to Make Jeera Rice Recipe:
- Wash basmati for two times and add 3-3/4 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry cumin seeds until they start spluttering
- Add onion and fry until the onions turn golden brown in color.
- Then add cumin powder.
- Add the above mixture to the rice and mix well. Add salt according to your taste.
- Cook it until water evaporates or put it in a cooker and wait for 1-2 whistles.
Jeera Rice is ready and is best served when hot.
- In order to spice up this recipe, we can add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick and green cardamoms.
- We can also substitute ghee with vegetable oil.