Kalakand or milk burfi is one of the traditional and famous Indian dessert recipes. It is simple to prepare at home. It is so soft that it simply melts in the mouth leaving its flavor and make one have one more. Because it’s purely made from milk, it’s not just healthy but also more energy giving dessert.
This recipe can be made in the traditional method or simplified to make this recipe in 10-15 minutes using milkmaid and paneer as main ingredients. Our process doesn’t have any preservatives and can be made tastier than the simplified version.
People who like to add flavors to Milk Burfi can add vanilla flavor or rose water. Whenever boiled milk gets broken we tend to make Kalakand recipe or rasgulla recipe.
Kalakand Recipe, How to Make Kalakand Recipe, Milk Burfi Recipe
Ingredients for kalakand:
- Milk - 2 liters
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Almonds and pistachio for decoration
- Silver foil optional
- Citric acid dissolved in 1/2 cup water - ½ tsp
How to Make Kalakand Recipe:
- Boil 1 liter of milk in a vessel.
- When it comes to boiling stage, add citric acid solution (½ tsp. dissolved in ½ cup water)
- Remove from the heat. Wait till the chenna settles (yogurt like thing gets settle at the bottom of the vessel)
- Sieve and Squeeze excess water through muslin cloth (if not white cotton cloth).
- Keep the chenna aside in a separate plate.
Note: Do not knead the chenna.
- Put the remaining 1litre milk in a heavy saucepan and boil till it comes half the quantity.
- Add the chenna and boil further still it thickens.
Note: Make sure bottom doesn’t stick. Stir continuously.
- Add the sugar to thicken the mixture. Stir until the mixture becomes a thick soft lump
- Set in a tray. Kalakand is ready.
- Apply silver foil (optional) and sprinkle almonds and pistachio.