In another perspective, it’s healthier than other kulfi available in the market and also a better choice when compared to other ice creams. Usually, ice creams are whipped and made to expand.
If we observe Western style ice creams have more fat and have bigger in size with respect to weight. It’s not just Kesari Pista kulfi flavor we can make different flavors like mango, lychee, custard apple etc.
In Kolkata, one can find this recipe is refrigerated in earthen pots to get the natural essence. I still remember my childhood days when I used to purchase for a rupee or two. They used to make using starch and add chemicals. In my other post, I described how to make malai kulfi, have a glance at it also.
Kesar Pista Kulfi Recipe | How to Make Kesar Pista Kulfi Recipe
- Saffron flowers - 7-8 no.
- Milk - 2 liters full cream if available
- Khova - 250 grams or 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Mixed dry fruits - 2 tbsp.
- Cornstarch - 1 tbsp. Optional
How to Make Kesar Pista Kulfi Recipe:
- Take deep microwave safe bowl and boil milk for 13 minutes on high-temperature with an out lid.
Tip: Keep an eye on milk as it may expand and spoil your microwave. If needed break time period into parts
- Add khova and boil for more 20 minutes without a lid.
- Once you attain a thick mix add sugar, saffron flowers and cook for two minutes on high without lid.
- At this point of time you will get thick concentrate, if you feel it's not thick you can cook further for 2-5 minutes.
Tip: corn starch can aid you in getting thick concentrate.
- Add crushed dry fruits and keep aside until it's cooled.
- Pour the mix in Kesar Pista Kulfi Recipe in molds and refrigerate.