Khoya rolls are one of the authentic sweets of India. It is easy to prepare and spread sweetness and happiness during festive seasons. Indians believe happy moments are to be celebrated with sweets. You can make khoya rolls more attractive by adding a mix of light colors. It is one of the easy desserts which can be prepared in a couple of minutes. What more you need in this busy life, all the ingredients are available in your local stores.
During festival occasion we might have many works to do and feel tired of making lengthy desserts, this recipe will fulfill all your family taste buds within no time. All you need to do is to keep all the ingredients ready. It is so soft and easily melts in your mouth. As the main ingredient is khoya and cashew it is filled with calcium and phosphorous. You may also like my previous posts date rolls and baked bread rolls.
Khoya Rolls | How to Make Khoya Rolls Recipe | Mava Roll Recipe
- Raw Khoya - 250 gms.
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tbsp.
- Saffron color - 1 pinch
- Cashew - 30 gms.
- Nutmeg - a small piece
- Sugar - 300 gms.
How to Make khoya rolls:
- In a thick vessel heat raw khoya and sugar at low flame
- Stir continuously and make sure that it doesn't stick to the bottom
- Once you obtain thick concentration, off the flame.
- Cool the concentration by stirring continuously.
- When it is cooled, you can observe hard paste.
- Take little khoya paste and add cardamom powder, cashew and saffron color and keep aside.
- Take some more khoya paste and make a thin layer, put above color mixture and roll it.
- Make remaining khoya rolls and serve.