Kothimbir Vadi Recipe is one of the Maharashtrians recipes made with the blend of coriander leaves, flour and traditional spices. It can be prepared regularly by steaming in the cooker and frying them but I made it simple by preparing in a microwave oven.
Coriander Leaf Vada comes into the section of street food, usually, people eat this snack recipe along with tea.
Kothimbir Vadi Recipe, How to Make Kothimbir Vadi, Coriander Leaf Vada
- Coriander leaves – 2 cups minced
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Ginger paste - 1 tbsp.
- Garlic paste - 1 tbsp.
- Jaggery – 2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp.
- Tamarind juice – 1 tbsp.
- Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp.
- Curry leaves – 8-10 leaves
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Baking salt – ½ tbsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – required.
How to Make Kothimbir Vadi Recipe:
- Take a bowl and add coriander leaves, rice flour, salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder, ginger and garlic paste, jaggery, tamarind juice, baking salt, sesame seeds and water.
Tip: You can substitute rice flour with chickpea flour.
- Make soft and thick batter.
- Take microwave safe bowl with 6 inches width and 2-inch hollow bowl.
- Grease the bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds and pour batter into it.
- Put microwave to high and cook for 10 minutes with lid closed.
- In other bowl add oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves, microwave without lid for 2 minutes on high.
- Another variation of Kothimbir Vadi Recipe:
- People who like to have crispy style, one can microwave the batter for 4-5 minutes and once it’s cooked, you can slice them to your required shape and deep fry or roast on a nonstick pan with little oil to golden brown color.