I have seen many of South Indians doesn’t like to waste their food, they try to make out different recipes with existing one and use them. In the same scenario, leftover rice can be consumed for making lemon rice recipe, also to increase its shelf life it’s a good idea to use freshly cooked rice.
Lemon and turmeric will increase the shelf life of rice and fried peanuts give you crunchy sensation. As said earlier this recipe is easy to cook with leftover rice, so women like to make this recipe as a breakfast recipe or outdoor meals for their family.
Ingredients: 1 cup = 250 ml.
Rice – 1 ½ cups
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp.
Peanuts – 25 gms.
Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
Dry red chilies – 2 no. (broken to two pieces)
Green chilies – 4 no. (sliced into small pieces)
Onion – 1 no.
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup.
Coconut grated – ½ cup.
Oil – 3 tbsp.
Salt – Required
Oil – 1 tbsp.
Bengal gram – 1 tbsp.
Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
Asafotida – a pinch
Moong dal – 1 tbsp.
Water – 3 cups
How to Make Lemon Rice Recipe:
- Wash and clean rice under the running tap.
- Soak rice in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- In microwave safe bowl, cook rice for 18 minutes at high temperature.
- Take another bowl and add oil, mustard seeds, asafoetida, bengal grams, moong dal, onion slices, green chilies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and red chilies.
- Mix all ingredients and cook for 2 minutes at high temperature.
- Add peanuts and cook further for 3 minutes.
Tip: For increased flavor add cashew and ghee while making temper.
- Add this tempered ingredients with rice and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves, coconut grate, salt, lemon juice and cook for 4 minutes on medium temperature.
- Lemon rice recipe tastes good when serving hot accompanied with coconut chutney or curd.