It is one of the healthy recipes which can be made at home with simple steps. All we need is milk, powdered sugar and khoya as main ingredients. Nowadays we are getting ready mix powder for preparation. It is good for health if we use natural ingredients rather than using artificial ingredients and flavoring ingredients.
Malai Kulfi Recipe, How to Make Malai Kulfi, Homemade Kulfi with Khoya
- Milk – 1 liter full cream milk
- Powdered sugar – 100 gms.
- Khoya – 100 gms.
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp. used as a thickening agent
- Cardamom powder – 1tbps.
- Pistachios – 50 gms. unsalted
- Almonds – 50 gms.
- Take a thick bottom vessel and boil milk on low flame
- Boil milk for at least 20 minutes till you get a thick consistency.
Note: Stir milk for every minute or two from the bottom so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- While milk is boiling grate khoya and keep aside.
- Break almonds and pistachios to small pieces and keep aside.
- Take 3-4 tbsp of milk and add corn flour to it and make sure that corn flour dissolves and there are no lumps.
- After 20 minutes of boiling, add sugar powder and stir well.
- Once sugar is dissolved add grated khoya, pistachios, almonds and cardamom powder.
- Stir well so that there are no lumps if you find any such lumps then break them using a spoon.
- Boil until you get a thick consistency.
- You can serve Malai kulfi recipe either hot or transfer them to kulfi molds and refrigerate.
- We Indians love to eat in both variations.