Methi Keema Recipe is a typical Indian non-vegetarian recipe made from fenugreek leaves and mutton mince. It is a spicy and delicious dish taken from Andhra Cuisine. This recipe is a kind of fusion of meat and vegetarian flavors when meat is minced it is believed that it absorbs all the flavor of spices and herbs you add.
Keema Curry Andhra Style is a thick recipe which suits as a stuffing agent for sandwich or simple between bread. If you need gravy type then you can add a few potatoes and tomatoes to increase the quantity.
This is a healthier way of eating both veg and non-veg. This recipe goes well with chapati, butter naan and plain rice. Sometimes I even use Methi Keema recipe to stuff between sandwich slices of bread. It tastes great and I think you should also try it.
Methi Keema, How to Make Methi Keema, Keema Curry Andhra Style
Ingredients for Methi Keema:
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
- Keema/ mutton mince – 250 gms.
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp.
- Onions minced – ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp.
- Salt - As per your taste
- Sajeera – ½ tbsp.
- Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp.
- Coriander seed powder – ½ tbsp.
- Dry coconut powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Oil – Required
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Methi Keema:
- Cook minced meat separately in a pressure cooker and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry fenugreek leaves.
- Add garam masala powder, red chili powder, salt and cooked meat. Mix well
- Add coconut powder, coriander powder and cook for a minute.
- Serve Methi keema hot with plain rice or chapati.