Mint Mutton Biryani is a special kind of flavored rice recipe. It is a blend of a variety of spices embedded with mint leaf aroma. It is one of the favorite dishes in the non-vegetarian menu list. Usually, recipes made with mutton consumes time to cook but they are tasty.
Cooking with lamb consumes a lot of time, based on the meat if its tender it cooks earlier but if it’s not you need to take care while cooking. Sometimes if you add little alcohol, meat cooks well and also leaves good flavor. Based on the geolocation, people prepare Mint Mutton Biryani in different styles. There might be a less or more spiciness based on the spice ingredients we add.
Mint Mutton Biryani, How to Make Mint Mutton Biryani, Mutton Biryani
Ingredients for Mint Mutton Biryani:
- Mutton – ½ kg.
- Mint leaves – 3 cups
- Onions – 1 small
- Lemons – 2
- Salt – as per your taste
- Food color – 1 pinch
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Basmati rice – 3 cups
- Coriander seed powder – ½ tsp.
- Coriander leaves – ½ tsp.
- Oil – 2 tsp.
- Biryani masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp.
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp.
- Curd – 1 cup
- Wheat flour to make a dough
How to Make Mint Mutton Biryani:
- Wash the meat and cook it in a pressure cooker until one whistle.
- Once it is cooled, add red chilli powder, coriander seed powder, salt, curd, biryani masala, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix all the ingredients, cover the container and marinade in a deep freezer for about 30 minutes.
- On other hand wash the rice and half boil in a separate container.
- Take a cooking vessel and heat oil, add mutton pieces as a thin layer. Again add onions layer, mint leaves layer and half boiled rice.
- If you like to add additive colors you can add food color mixing with little water or else you can neglect it.
- In Hyderabadi style, ill teach you how to cook dum biryani with mutton.
- For this, we need to cover the vessel with a lid and pack the vessel with lid covered with wheat dough so that the air doesn’t escape and aroma is locked.
- On a low flame cook it for about 25 minutes.
- Mint mutton biryani is ready, serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.