I have to try 3-4 times to get perfect recipe. If you stick to the ingredients what I have used or make changes here and there based on your taste buds. You can also make perfect biryani.
Mushroom Biryani Recipe | Puttagodugula Biryani
Mushroom Biryani Recipe is one of the authentic nutritional recipes. Unlike other recipes preparing Mushroom Biryani is not that easy. You have to take much care while doing this.
- Basmati rice – 500 gms.
- Mushrooms – 250 gms. cleaned and sliced
- Tomato – 2 no. medium size, sliced
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
- Mint leaves – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp.
- Onions – 2 medium sized chopped
- Green chili – 2 no. sliced
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Garam masala powder – ½ tbsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp.
- Pepper powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Red chili powder – ½ tbsp. as per your taste
- Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Fennel seeds/ saunf – ½ tbsp.
- Cloves – 4 no.
- Bay leaf – 1 small.
- Green cardamom – 3 nos.
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Anise – 1 no.
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Salt – as per your taste
How to Make Mushroom Biryani Recipe:
- Clean and remove excess starch powder on the rice and soak for 20 minutes.
- Clean all vegetables and chop as per ingredients list.
- For making biryani rice, take a thick bottom vessel, add oil and heat.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, bay leaf, green cardamom, anise and cinnamon stick. Fry for a while.
- Add chopped onions, sauté for a while.
- Add ginger garlic paste,sauté for a while, add green chilies, tomatoes.
- Once tomatoes are a bit soft, add mint, curry and coriander leaves.
- Once the mixture is cooked, add mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Add garam masala powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add water and salt, once water reaches boiling point add rice. And lower the flame.
Tip: Water should be double the quantity of rice.
Tip: Check the rice for every 5 minutes, if required add little water to cook so that you get non-sticky granule rice
- Garnish mushroom biryani recipe with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.