Mushrooms are like a sponge they absorb water during washing so it’s better not to soak or wash with water. Instead, it’s best to clean gently with a brush and wipe with damp towel. We need to clean it properly as it is a chance of having insects.
Whenever we go to any functions in India, we treat mushroom and paneer recipes as royal and a substitute to Non-Vegetarian recipes. In order to attain gravy, we mainly use tomatoes and onions and add spices to have aroma and flavor.
Mushroom Curry, How to make Mushroom Curry recipe, Mushroom Masala
- Mushrooms diced – 1 Cup
- Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onions chopped – 1
- Tomato chopped – 1
- Mint leaves – 6
- Coriander leaves finely chopped – 2 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 5
- Green Chillies – 3
How to Make Mushroom Curry:
- Put all Masala ingredients in a mixer and make a to fine paste.
- Stir fry mushrooms in a pan until tender. Remove from heat and put aside.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When seeds start crackling add the masala paste and saute still oil gets separated from the masala
- Now add the fried mushrooms and add salt to it.
- Cover the lid of the pan and slim the heat so that it can be baked from inside.
Mushroom Curry tastes great with chapati.