Mutton chilly fry is one of the dry recipes which is prepared using red chili powder. It as a spicy evening snack goes well with Tandoori roti or butter naan. You can prepare this spicy recipe easily with general kitchen ingredients.
Based on the Mutton cooking time of this recipe may differ, if the meat is tender then it gets cooked fast and if not it may be cooked in a pressure cooker and then make fry. During winter season Mutton Fry Recipe can be used as a side dish.
Mutton Chilly Fry, How to Make Mutton Chilli Fry Recipe, Mutton Fry recipe
- Mutton – 1 ½ kg.
- Cloves garlic - 20 nos.
- Cloves - 6
- Coriander seeds - 3 tsp.
- Dry red chilies - 20 nos.
- Cinnamon - 2 sticks
- Onions - 4
- Sour curd - 1 cup
- Cardamoms - 6
- Ginger - 4 inch piece
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp.
- Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
- Ripe lemon juice - 1
- Ghee/oil - 6 tsp.
- Salt to taste
How to Make Mutton Chilli Fry Recipe:
- Wash the meat and cut into small pieces.
- Slice onions finely into long pieces.
- On other side cut garlic and ginger into fine pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee/oil on a pan and roast dry red chillies to a dark color (ghee is preferred as it adds flavor)
- Fry ginger, garlic and coriander seeds with little ghee separately or in the same pan putting roasted chillies in a separate container.
- In a large pan fry the onions with remaining ghee till golden brown or little crisp. Put some onions aside for garnishing.
- Now add cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon and let it fry for one more minute.
- Put the mutton, 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt. Cover the pan with a lid.
Tip: When the meat is half cooked pour little water on the lid so that it doesn't stick at the bottom.
- Add yogurt/curd and other spices and let it cook on low flame until the meat is tender.
Tip: If needed you can add little hot water for cooking meat if not cooked
- Mutton chilly fry is ready. Just before you serve to add little lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves and crispy onions