Mutton Kofta curry is one of the North Indian cuisines and is usually made from ground meat. You can even supplement meat with beef or even chicken. They are rolled like small balls and cooked by frying, baking or even steaming. Gravy for Meat Ball Curry is prepared with the blend of spices and herbs makes it a unique dish in your menu list.
Some of us like to use kofta balls directly into the curry and take care that they don’t get spluttered by gently stirring the gravy. In this scenario, they will put balls once gravy is half cooked. Our version doesn’t need such headaches.
While deep-frying meat, it gets half cooked, some say that meat needs to be cooked separately and then fried but I feel we lose its flavor. We can lock those nutrients lost by boiling meat by putting that stock again in gravy.
Mutton Kofta Curry, How to Make Mutton Kofta Curry, Meat Ball Curry
Ingredients for Mutton Kofta Curry:
- Mutton boneless - 1 kg.
- Onions - 2 no.
- Besan roasted - 2 ½ tbsp.
- Egg - 1 no.
- Ginger finely chopped - 2-inch piece
- Green chilies finely cut - 6 no.
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp.
- Salt To Taste
- Oil for frying.
For the curry:
- Onions - 3 no.
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Ginger - 1 ½ inch piece.
- Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp.
- Tomatoes boiled & skinned - 1 cup.
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp.
- Red chili powder - 1 tbsp.
- Garam masala - 1 tbsp.
- Salt To taste
How to Make Mutton Kofta Curry :
- Mince/grind the meat along with all ingredients
- Using the above ground mixture, make small balls
- Deep fry the balls until they turn their color to golden brown and keep aside.
- For the making of curry, fry onions, finely chopped ginger, crushed garlic till golden brown.
- To make gravy, add the remaining curry ingredients along with enough water.
- When it reaches the boil stage, add fried koftas and reduce the flame. Let it cook for about 30-45 minutes.
- Mutton kofta curry is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.