Navratan Korma Recipe is a Mughlai Indian Vegetarian Recipe. The word ‘Navratan’ means nine gems, here we are using nine varieties of vegetables and fruits to make Vegetable Korma. This is one of the special Indian dishes on the vegetarian menu list. As there are nine different vegetables and fruits it is fully packed with nutritional values.
One should remember to maintain the balance of both vegetables as well as fruits added to this recipe or else there might be domination of one section over another and ruin our recipe. This goes well with chapati or jeera rice.
Navratan Korma, How to Make Navratan Korma Recipe, Vegetable Korma
Ingredients for Navratan Korma:
- Peas boiled – 2 cups
- Yogurt/ curd – ¼ cup
- Carrot boiled – 1 large size
- Butter – 3 tbsp.
- Tomato Sauce – ½ cup
- Banana – 1 no.
- Raisins – 20 nos.
- Apple – 1 small
- Malai cream – ¼ cup
- Sweet lime – 1 small
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos.
- Ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Pineapple – 2 slices
- Cherries glazed – for garnishing
- Salt – As per taste
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp.
Navratan Korma - Masala Ingredients:
- Onion – 1 large
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Cardamoms – 1tbsp.
- Green Chillies – 3 no.
- Poppy seeds – 2 tbsp.
- Coconut shredded – ¼ cup
How to Make Navratan Korma Recipe:
- Grind cumin seeds, poppy seeds and cardamom to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Same way grind onion, chillies and coconut to a fine paste.
- Clean and cut all the fruits into small slices.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews, once they are fried remove them and keep aside.
- Add butter to leftover ghee and add the masala paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle masala powder and salt and stir. Fry further for about 2 minutes.
- To the above mixture add grated carrot and peas, mix well.
- Add yogurt/ curd and cream, cook further to make a mild thick gravy.
- Now add cashews, fruits and raisins and cook further to get a thick gravy.
Tip: You will notice oil/ fat oozes out from the gravy. Off the flame and keep aside.
- Navratan Korma Recipe is ready. Garnish with grated cheese, sliced cherries and coriander leaves.
Vegetable Korma goes well with naan or paratha.