Palak Paneer Recipe is one of the famous recipes for paneer variation. It is prepared using soft paneer or cottage cheese by cutting down into small pieces and cooking with spinach paste. Basically, it is a Punjabi recipe, it is considered as one of the healthiest recipes. Whenever there is a special occasion you will find this recipe.
Let us learn how to make restaurant style Palak Paneer recipe step by step. In our recipe, Paneer is fried to golden color to add extra flavor. If you like to add cream then you can add it. If you are adding cream one should make sure that there should not be too much cream or water.
Alternatively, you can substitute cream with cashew or almond paste. If you like to add almond paste then it’s better to soak almonds on the previous night and make a paste. If you are in hurry even soaking 4 hours is enough.
Palak Paneer Recipe, How to Make Palak Paneer Recipe Restaurant Style
- Spinach - 1 bunch of leaves
- Paneer - 200 gms
- Onions - 1 cup sliced.
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp.
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds/ Jeera - 1/4 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp.
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 tbsp. as per your taste
- Cooking oil - to fry paneer and for sauting.
- Salt - 3/4 tbsp. as per your taste
- Water - 300 ml.
How to Make Palak Paneer Recipe:
- Take a hollow vessel and add cleaned spinach, add adequate water and boil till they turn soft.
- Separate spinach and stock and them both aside.
- Once leaves cool, transfer them to a blender and blend them to a soft paste.
- In a pan add little oil and sauté paneer cubes till it turns a golden colour.
- In another vessel add a little oil and cumin seeds, sauté for a second.
- Add onion slices and fry till they turn translucent, add ginger garlic paste and sauté till its raw flavour is cooked.
- Drop spinach paste and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Put back spinach stock and cook for a minute so that raw flavour of spinach is cooked.
- Add paneer cubes and cook further for a minute or two so that paneer absorbs spinach and spice flavours.
- Serve Palak Paneer Recipe with parathas or chapatti.
How to Make Palak Paneer Recipe Restaurant Style:
- Clean spinach under tap water.
- Cook whole spinach by adding adequate water.
- Once cooked, drain excess water and let it cool.
Tip: Don’t throw away drain water, it can be reused.
- Add oil in a pan and saute paneer until it reaches the golden color.
- Put spinach to a blender and make a soft and fine paste.
- Add oil in a pan and drop few cumin seeds, onions and ginger garlic paste saute for minute.
- Drop spinach puree into onions and mix well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and garam masala powder.
- Dilute this mix with boiled palak drain water.
Tip: I have used only drain water as it has nutritional values.
- Add fried paneer to above spinach gravy.
- Cook for a minute and serve hot.
- Palak paneer recipe goes well with rice or parathas.