Pappulo Undrallu Recipe is one of the famous Vinayaka Chavithi Naivedyam. When it comes to Ganesh festival preparing lord’s favorite sweets are a must. Among which Modak Recipe stands first and then comes Undrallu and Ladoo Recipe.
On festival day, preparing a variety of recipes takes some time but few recipes like Boondi Laddu, bread crumb ladoo and Kesari Kheer can be prepared one day before but Bellam Undrallu or recipes like this need to be prepared on the same day.
Pappulo Undrallu Recipe - Vinayaka Chavithi Naivedyam
Pappulo Undrallu Recipe is one of the delicious Andhra Style Ganesh Chaturthi Naivedyam.
- Yello Lentil/ Toor Dal/ Kandipappu – 2 cups.
- Green cardamom – 17 no. roasted
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Finely sliced fresh coconut – 2 cups.
- Semolina/ wheat rava – 2 cups.
- Ghee – 2 tbsp.
- Cashew – 1 large spoon.
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tbsp.
- Water – required quantity
- Add toor dal in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles by adding 500 ml. water.
- Make cardamom powder by adding green cardamoms and two tbsp. sugar.
- Boil 3 glasses water and add salt, 1 cup coconut slices and sugar.
- While water is boiling add little cardamom powder and cover with lid.
- Add semolina by stirring constantly so that there are no lumps.
- Cook till semolina becomes hard to make ball.
- Keep aside and let it cool.
- Coat a vessel with little ghee and put semolina.
- Make small balls and keep aside.
- On another hand, make jaggery syrup by adding 1 glass water and a cup of jaggery.
- Add coconut pieces when syrup starts boiling.
- In a small pan, add cashew and ghee and fry till they turn golden brown color.
- Add undrallu in jaggery syrup and mix gently.
How to Make Pappulo Undrallu Recipe:
- In a pressure cooker, add toor dal and clean it with adequate water.
- Add 2 glasses of water and pressure cook till it turns soft (for 3 whistles).
- In a mixer, add green cardamom and sugar. Mix to soft powder.
- In a vessel, add 3 glasses of water and bring it to boiling point.
- Add 1 tbsp. salt, sugar, 1 cup finely sliced fresh coconut and ½ tbsp. cardamom powder.
- Cook all ingredients for a minute with lid covered.
- While water is boiling add semolina and stir continuously so that there are no lumps.
- Add little ghee and grease the vessel and put a small lump of semolina into it.
- Take a small lump of semolina and make small balls and keep aside.
- In a large vessel, add 1 glass of water and add jaggery to make syrup.
- In a separate pan, add cashew and ghee, fry them till they turn golden brown, keep aside.
- Add remaining coconut pieces in jaggery syrup, cook for a minute.
- Add semolina balls in jaggery syrup and mix gently by rotating the vessel.
- Pour dal paste and mix again. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cashew along with ghee and sprinkle remaining cardamom powder.
- Mix well and serve hot.