Peanut chutney is one of the most preferred among south Indian recipes. As we all know peanuts are a good source of energy, it is good to add to our breakfast. It is much needed for growing children as they get exhausted with their education stress.
Whatever the breakfast you make most of them require chutney recipe accompanied with them. Most of the time we may make with coconut chutney but at times when you don’t find it, peanut chutney will come in hand.
While making this recipe one should choose fully dried avoid rancidly nuts. Few people like to make this recipe using tamarind pulp (helps in preserving this recipe for 2-3 days) but I have added yogurt as this is more flavored than tamarind version.
Groundnut chutney accompanied by their breakfast can fulfill this. You can even add it to your sandwich to make it delicious.
Peanut Chutney, Groundnut Chutney, How to Make Peanut Chutney recipe
- Peanuts – 1cup
- Green chilli – 2
- Soft chana dal - ¼ cup
- Yogurt curd – 1 tsp.
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
How to Make Peanut Chutney Recipe:
- Roast the peanuts and remove the skin.
- Grind chana dal, peanuts, green chilli, yogurt together
- Add lemon juice and salt before finishing grind and mix well.
- On another hand, fry mustard seeds until they splatter with 2 tsp. oil
- Remove from heat, pour over the chutney and mix well.
Tip: If you want spicy then you can add dried red chilly along with the mustard seeds and fry.
- Peanut chutney tastes good along with idli or dosa.