Pedhas sweet is made out of khoya and it tastes marvellous. They are made of milk and sugar. As its major ingredient is based on milk byproduct, it is good for health. Doodh Pedas play a major role in the sweets category during festival seasons. Indians celebrate their happiness by distributing khoya pedas.
Making this recipe is very simple but time taking process, perfectly made peda will gently melt in our mouth. In Sweet shops, many of them make using milk instead of making with khova or with milkmaid. They claim khova costs more than milk as some times they even mix milk powder or even maida to save money.
In order to enhance Pedhas sweet flavour, we can add artificial flavour like vanilla or natural like rose water or cardamom powder. One should focus on stirring constantly and making sure that the bottom of the vessel doesn’t get burnt.
Pedhas Sweet, How to Make Doodh Peda Sweet, Khoya Pedha Recipe
- Khoya - 500 gms.
- Pistas finely sliced - 10
- Sugar - 300 gms.
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Colour as required 3 drops
- cookie mold
How to Make Peda Sweet:
- Grate khoya into fine pieces.
- Powder the sugar and mix with together in a thick bottom vessel.
- Fry the above mixture on low flame stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
Tip: Remove from the heat when you observe very soft lump.
- Let it cool and add 3 drops of color and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Make small balls and press them into a cookie mold.
- Press the sliced pista on the center.
Note: Khoya is available in almost all sweet stores. You can even make it at your home.
Method to prepare Khoya:
- Boil the milk on high flame in a thick bottom vessel until the water evaporates
- Leaving behind a soft lump
Note: Stir continuously while boiling milk
- You can even substitute condensed milk and cup milk in place of just milk (it will reduce time)
- Pedhas sweet is ready.