Sometimes when I am short of pizza sauce, I use this recipe to cover the pizza base and then put vegetables and yummy cheese. For making tangling pizza, along with this sauce, I use tomato sauce.
I have used both lemon juice and vinegar, if you don’t want to use vinegar, you can increase the quantity of lemon juice (2 tbsp. as a supplement). Sometimes you may feel spicier than you expected. In this scenario, you can adjust spiciness with lemon juice.
Peri Peri Sauce Recipe - Home Made Piri Piri Sauce
- Onion – 1 no.
- Red Chillies – 4 no.
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp. optional if you need more spice
- Olive oil – ¼ cup around 100 ml.
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Pepper powder – ½ tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp.
- White vinegar – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – as per your taste
How to Make Peri Peri Sauce Recipe:
- Remove the stems of red chilies and soak for 3-4 hours in water.
- Slice the onions into medium size.
- Dry roast coriander and fenugreek seeds.
- Put red chilies, onions, coriander leaves, pepper powder, roasted coriander and fenugreek seeds in a blender.
- Blend for a minute and add olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt.
Tip: If you like to have spicy you can use red chilly powder or else you can skip this ingredient.
- Blend all together to smooth paste.
- In order to increase the shelf life of peri peri sauce recipe, store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- You can use this recipe with all kinds of non-vegetarian side dishes and tikka recipes.