Every Salad recipe has its own taste, many people think that it’s a mixture of vegetables or fruits. But every recipe is unique by their combinations, here I have used the combination of potato, cabbage and onion and used French dressing instead of yogurt. If you want you can substitute with yogurt but you don’t get the same flavor.
I thought of making Potato Cabbage French Dressing with raw potatoes sliced but keeping in view of health I changed my mind to boiled one. When I was reading a magazine I read this recipe preparation wherein they used raw potatoes. If you wanna try out that variation then you can, but I suggest you use fresh one which doesn’t have green pigment on them. Also, I suggest you remove extra starch by cleaning them in salt water once sliced.
Potato Cabbage Onion Salad Recipe
- Potatoes – ½ kg.
- Onions – 4 no.
- French Dressing – ½ cup.
- Cabbage – 1 cup finely chopped
- Salt – required
- Pepper powder – required
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup.
- Lemon juice – 5 tsp.
- Water to boil
- Put potatoes in a large vessel and add little salt.
- On medium heat, boil potatoes until they cook tender.
- Peel the skin and cut them into round pieces like potato chips.
- Similarly, slice or grate onions to round pieces.
- In a serving bowl spread potatoes equally.
- Place onions above potatoes and top with grated cabbage pieces.
- Again top French dressing above cabbage.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper powder and lemon juice equally so they spread whole pieces.
- Garnish Potato Cabbage Onion Salad Recipe with coriander leaves and serve using the fork.