It is very important to select proper potatoes and maintaining oil temperature while deep frying. If you want crispy and white flakes then you need to go with fresh potatoes instead of old potatoes.
Today I am going to show you a simple form of recipe where you can obtain chips same like hot chips sold in the market.
Potato Chips Recipe, How to Make Potato Chips Recipe, Crispy Potato Chips
Potato Chips Recipe is one of my favorite snacks from my childhood.
- Potatoes – 4 large no.
- Salt – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 10 cups.
- Pepper – for sprinkling
- Chilly powder – for sprinkling
- Potato slicer mandoline slicer
- Take 4-5 cups of water and add salt to it. Stir until salt dissolves.
- Wash and peel the skin of the potatoes.
- Using mandoline slicer, slice potatoes directly into the salt water.
- This prevents coloring of slices and leave it for a minute.
- Rub the slices well so that excess starch gets removed.
- Discard salt water, rinse it well with fresh water.
- Transfer this wafer to absorbing paper so that excess water gets removed.
Tip: At his point, you can preserve this wafers in a container for next day if you want to serve to your family members or any function.
- Take a big frying vessel (kadai) and heat oil.
- Test the oil temperature by dropping one wafer, if it raises immediately and bubbles then the temperature is fine. If the wafer turns black then you need to adjust the temperature.
- Based on the size of the vessel and depth of oil, transfer potato wafers in batches.
- Flip potato chips until bubbling reduces and attains golden brown color.
- Transfer to absorbing cloth and sprinkle pepper or salt while hot so that it sticks well.
- If you like spicy you can use chili powder instead of pepper powder.
- Once cooled store them in an airtight container.