Potato Onion soup is a creamy, sweet, mouth tangling delicious recipe. It is filled with bungles of nutrients. This can be used as starter before your meals. Another advantage of this recipe is, it’s very cheap. All the ingredients used in this recipe are regularly used kitchen items.
Potato (medium size) – 3
Onion (medium size) – 1
Tomato puree – ¼ cup
Corn flour – 1 tbsp.
Carrot (finely sliced) – 1(optional)
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder – ½ tsp.
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp.
Water – 2 cups
Butter – 1 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Preparation of Potato Onion Soup:
- Peel off the potatoes and onions
Tip: Soak the onions in the water so that the skin comes out easily without any tears
- Cut them into big pieces and pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Blend the potato-onion mixture in an electric mixer. Add tomato to the mixture and blend further more.
- Heat butter in a pan
- Add the above mixture into the pan. Add black pepper powder, chilli powder and salt.
Tip: You can add finely sliced carrot for additional taste.
- Let it boil for a minute. Dissolve corn flour into the water and slowly add it to the above mixture.
- Stir continuously, add little lemon juice and boil until thick.
- Potato Onion Soup is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot