Potato Onion soup is one of the creamy, sweet, mouth tangling delicious recipe. It is filled with bungles of nutrients. This can be used as a starter before your meals. Another advantage of this recipe is, it’s very cheap. All the ingredients used in this recipe are regularly used kitchen items.
During winter season this recipe can be categorized as one of the finest and easy soup with low calories. Potatoes are boiled and mashed to get a smooth paste along with tomatoes and onions. In order to get a bit creamy consistency, we add a small quantity of corn flour.
Based on our taste buds we may add less or more pepper powder and chilly powder. If you feel it is a bit spicy then we can even adjust its flavor by adding lemon extract.
Potato Onion Soup, How to Make Potato Onion Soup, Onion Potato Soup
- Potato medium size - 3
- Onion medium size - 1
- Tomato puree - ¼ cup
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp.
- Carrot finely sliced – 1(optional)
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder - ½ tsp.
- Red chilli powder - ½ tsp.
- Water - 2 cups
- Butter - 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
How to Make Potato Onion Soup:
- Peel off the potatoes and onions
Tip: Soak the onions in the water so that the skin comes out easily without any tears
- Cut them into big pieces and pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Blend the potato-onion mixture in an electric mixer. Add tomato to the mixture and blend furthermore.
- Heat butter in a pan
- Add the above mixture into the pan. Add black pepper powder, chilli powder and salt.
Tip: You can add a finely sliced carrot for additional taste.
- Let it boil for a minute. Dissolve corn flour into the water and slowly add it to the above mixture.
- Stir continuously, add little lemon juice and boil until thick.
- Potato Onion Soup is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot