Also while making mixed vegetable curry Indians try to add pumpkin as it’s loaded with vitamins and nutrients. It will help the body regain its nutrients and overall functioning.
Instead of eating junk food during the evening, you can have Gummadikaya Halwa Recipe as an evening snack, it’s light and healthy. Also if you have a habit of eating sweet after your meals then this is the perfect recipe.
There are different ways to cook this recipe, some of the grate and cook and some boil in a pressure cooker. In our case, I have used the boiling technique to ease our work. Unlike other halwa recipes, this consumes less ghee and aids in digestion.
If you are looking for more halwa recipes then you should have a glance at our list of dessert recipes.
Pumpkin Halwa Recipe | Kaddu Ka Halwa
- Ripe pumpkin fruit - 1
- Cashew - 1 cup
- Raisins - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 kg.
- Jaggery - 1/2 kg.
- Rice powder - 100 gms.
- Cardamom - 4
- Poppy seeds - 1 tsp.
- Ghee - required amount
How to Make Pumpkin Halwa Recipe:
- Clean pumpkin fruit and cut into big pieces.
- Put it in a pressure cooker and boil for a while
- Peel the skin of the fruit and mash the pulp and keep aside
- Put thick bottom vessel and heat ghee.
- Fry cashew, poppy seeds, and raisins for a while
- Add mashed pumpkin pulp and stir-fry for a while
- Add sugar and jaggery and cook further by adding spoonful ghee at the interval of time
- Once you obtain thick concentration add cardamom powder
- Coat ghee to the vessel and transfer above Pumpkin Halwa into it.
- Spread equally into the vessel, you can see ghee floats over Halwa.
- Pumpkin Halwa Recipe can be preserved for a month.