Raabdi Recipe is known to be one of the traditional Rajasthan sweet recipes. From past Indians are known to trademark their traditional sweet dishes based on their nutritional values. Rabri is such a dessert which can be consumed in all kinds of climates.
It is one of the healthy recipes, it is filled with Iron, calcium, minerals and vitamins. It also helps in reducing cholesterol levels. Nowadays it has become so popular that Rabri is known even in south India. This recipe is loved by all age and is shared on all famous festivals of India.
Usually, it is prepared by boiling milk to such a point where it gets a semi-thick, additionally, we also add thickening agent as flour. Some people like to use malai or cream as a thickening agent. Raabdi Recipe tastes great with the combination of vanilla ice cream or gulab jamun.
Apart from learning how to make Rabri Recipe, you may also like to check out my other recipes like phirni recipe which is one of the traditional Punjabi recipe and rasmali recipe which is again royal dessert prepared in many special occasions in India.
Raabdi Recipe, How to Make Raabdi Recipe, How to Make Rabri Recipe
- Whole Wheat flour/ millet flour - 1 cup
- Milk - 4 cups
- Sugar - 7 cups
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Almonds soaked and chopped - 1 tbsp.
- Pistachio nuts chopped - 1 tbsp.
- Raisins - 1 tbsp.
How to Make Raabdi Recipe:
- Heat ghee and add Whole wheat flour stirring constantly and fry until it turns light brown.
Tip: You will notice a good aroma when it is fried.
Tip: You can even use butter (unsalted) but you need to melt on low flame so that you obtain ghee.
- Add milk to the mix and boil.
- Once it is half boiled add sugar and mix.
- Stir gently and boil for 12- 15 on medium flame.
- Boil until you obtain a mild thick paste (not thick)
- Garnish Raabdi Recipe with almonds (soaked and sliced), saffron and pistachio.