Rasgulla Recipe is one of the traditional dessert recipe made of cheese. Maybe it looks similar to Gulab Jamun but its flavor is much more delicious. Rasgulla is a milk-based traditional Indian sweet. Recipe Of Rasgulla is soft and juicy and is mainly prepared on special occasions.
This recipe is filled with sugar syrup and is soft and spongy in nature. Usually, this is made by curdling whole milk and draining water from it. Chana obtained from milk is kneaded with milk solids till you get the soft texture of the dough.
Preparing dough plays an important role in making it hard will bring cracks on rasgulla and too soft will again break. Many of us think of white colored sweet but while making you may get yellowish based on the milk and curdling.
Rasgulla Recipe, How To Make Rasgulla Recipe, Soft Rasgulla Sweet
- Milk - ½ litre
- Refined flour maida - 2 tsp.
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsp.
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Rose essence or cardamom powder - 2-3 drops or 1/4 tsp
How to Make Rasgulla Recipe:
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
Tip: Avoid using tetra pack milk as it is low in fat whereas whole milk best suits.
- Adding lemon juice, stir gently until white curd formed on the surface gets separated from the whey.
- On straining this milk, the yogurt like thing obtained is called "chenna".
- Wash chenna well under cold running water and put this chenna in a cloth and press out the excess water by twisting the cloth
- Knead chenna to make a smooth dough. Add flour and knead again.
- Make small even size balls of the dough and keep aside.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 10-15 minutes covering with the perforated lid.
- Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- On cooling, add rose essence and refrigerate
- Rasgulla is ready to serve. Serve chilled.