If you are planning to make this recipe then you can make one more variety which is rasgulla. All we need to do is increasing channa quantity during curdling of milk.
In this recipe, I tried to decrease the preparation time by choosing ready-made Rasgulla you can also make them on your own.
Rasmalai Recipe | How to make Rasmalai recipe | Soft Homemade Ras Malai
- Rasgullas – 15 no.
- Full cream milk – 1 liter
- Almonds – 12 no.
- Pistachio – 12 no. un salted
- Sugar – 5 tbsp.
- Rose water – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 250 ml.
- Saffron – 10 strands
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp.
How to Make Rasmalai Recipe:
- Soak almonds and pistachio in water whole night or you can even soak them in a hot water if you need them immediately within 30 minutes.
- Slice almonds and pistachio and keep aside.
- Take little quantity of milk and soak saffron strands.
- Boil milk in a thick bottom vessel on low flame.
- Stir continuously until the milk turns half.
Tip: By stirring continuously milk gets thickened as water gets evaporated and also milk doesn’t stick to the bottom and become scorched.
- Add sugar, once it gets dissolved add cardamom powder and sliced almonds and pistachio by keeping few aside for garnishing.
- Keeping few strands aside, add saffron milk.
- Here I am using readymade rasgullas to make rasmalai, you can also prepare your own.
- Using spatula remove excess sugar syrup by pressing gently, so that balls don't get scrambled.
- I have used only 5 tbsp of sugar as there will be sugar remains in rasgulla.
- Place rasgulla in boiling milk and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- At last add rose water to rasmalai recipe and garnish with sliced almonds, pistachio and saffron strands.
- Ras malai tastes great in both hot and chilled condition.