Rava Dosa Recipe can be prepared instantly with hassle-free. All you need is semolina, rice flour and other kitchen ingredients. Crispy Rava Dosa Recipe is one of the popular South Indian Recipe which can be made instantly.
Our main ingredient is semolina or rava so this recipe is named on its main ingredient. Also, we don’t have any kind of fermentation process in this recipe, so we add rice flour and soda bicarbonate to make it smooth batter. In some cases, if you need sticky batter you may add little quantity of maida (all purpose flour).
Usually, children like to have toppings of veggies or onions, as we cannot put onions in the batter unlike usual plain dosa recipe, we put onions and grated ginger above the pan and then pour batter.
Rava Dosa Recipe, How to Make Rava Dosa Recipe, Crispy Rava Dosa
Rava Dosa Measurement: 1 cup = 200 ml.
- Semolina/ upma rava – 1 cup
- Yogurt/ curd – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 3 tbsp.
- Water – required to make a soft batter.
- Soda bicarbonate – a pinch
- Salt – ½ tbsp.
- Oil - required
- Blend semolina to soft powder so that it can absorb yogurt while fermenting.
- Transfer this powder to another bowl and add 3 tbsp. rice flour and yogurt.
- Mix this to get a thick batter, if needed add little water.
Tip: If you want you can add soda bicarbonate at this stage to ferment.
- Cover this batter with a lid and let it ferment at room temperature for minimum half an hour.
- Add soda bicarbonate if you have not added before fermenting and little water so that batter becomes loose and soft.
- Heat pan and apply few drops of oil over it and rub with onion so that rava dosa can be made crisp and non-sticky.
- With the help of a large spoon, take the required quantity of batter based on the size of your pan and put it on the pan.
- Gently spread the batter by rotating in a circular manner to form a thin layer.
- With the help of a wooden stick, add oil evenly so that you get crispy and nonsticky.
- Once rava dosa is cooked to golden brown in color, remove gently and serve hot.
Note: You need to consume batter within a day. It tastes good when fresh.
How to Make Rava Dosa Recipe:
- Add semolina into a blender and blend to a soft powder.
- Transfer to another bowl, add yogurt, rice flour and mix well.
Tip: Adding curd helps in fermenting batter and lets you get crispy dosa.
- Add required water so that you get thick dosa batter.
- Cover with a lid and ferment for at least half an hour.
- Add soda bicarbonate and salt, mix well. If you feel consistency is thick add little water.
Note: Keep thick Consistency like dosa batter or else making rava dosa becomes difficult. Also if batter becomes lose, your dosa breaks and becomes hard to remove from pan.
- Heat dosa pan and when it reaches optimum heat, take 1 ½ large spoon batter and pour over the pan.
- Using the same spoon, spread batter by rotating over batter in a circular manner.
- With the help of a wooden stick, spread oil over the dosa so that edges cook well and it becomes easy to remove.
- Cook till you obtain golden crust, then mold to your desired shape.
- Rava Dosa recipe tastes good when served hot accompanied with coconut chutney.