Rava Ladoo is one of the healthy and nutritional Indian sweet. As we use semolina as the main ingredient, it has negligible traces of glycemic which is said to have a property to slow down digestion, which is good for people looking for losing weight. Rava ladoo recipe is good for diabetic patients.
This recipe can be made with or without using milk, if better taste and low ghee, you can add fresh milk but this should be consumed within a day or two or you can refrigerate for a week. But if you are skipping milk then you can bind rava using ghee, this can be stored for a week to a month based on the quality of ghee. This version of Semolina Rava Laddu gets harder as days pass. In short, if you like to have a soft version you can go with milk or else with ghee.
We have also added coconut grate if it’s clean, oily and dry it would be good. Nowadays people are using chemicals to keep the inner part of coconut white and clean, I suggest to dry our own coconut whenever we break them. If it’s sunny then it’s well and good or else coconut may catch fungus and spoil. If we need to dry coconut without any fungus we can apply salt and once it’s completely dried we can remove it.
Rava Ladoo, How to Make Rava Ladoo Recipe, Semolina Rava Laddu
Rava Ladoo is one of the healthy and nutritional Indian sweet. This recipe is usually made on the festive season of Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Semolina rava/ Wheat rava - 2 cups
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Cashew – ¼ cup
- Chironji– 2 tbsp.
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Pistachio – 2 tbsp.
- Raisins – 1 tbsp.
- Finely Grated Dry Coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Milk – ½ cup
- Roast semolina rava to light golden brown color.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and add dry fruits (chironji, cashew, pistachio, pumpkin seeds and raisins)
- Stir-fry for a minute till they turn to golden brown.
- Add semolina and mix well.
- Put coconut grate and sugar, mix well.
- Remove from flame and while rava is hot, add little milk and make Rava Ladoo by pressing hard.
How to make Rava Ladoo Recipe:
- Add semolina rava in a kadai and roast for a minute.
- In the same kadai, add ½ cup ghee, cashew, chironji and pumpkin seeds.
- Continue adding pistachio and raisins.
- Stir fry for a while till all ingredients turn golden brown.
- Add roasted semolina and cook for a while.
- Continue adding coconut grate and mix
- Add sugar and mix well. Remove from flame.
- Drop little milk and mix rava.
- Make circular ladoo while rava is hot and add milk accordingly so that ladoo can be made easily.
Note: If rava is cooled, ladoo will break and it becomes hard to bond.
- Once rava laddoo is cooled, hardened you can store in an airtight container.