Rice kheer recipe is one of the south Indian traditional and healthy sweet recipes prepared during festivals. It is an Indian style rice pudding made with rice, dry fruits, sugar and milk. In this recipe, you can substitute sugar with jaggery and milk with milkmaid. It comes with creamy and delicious taste.
In order to get the rich aroma and delicious taste, milk and rice are cooked on low flame until the milk turns to pink color texture. But now a day’s people want a simplified way of cooking and are using condensed milk and flavoring the dish by adding cardamom powder.
Sometimes our children hesitate to eat such healthy recipes like Rice kheer during festivals if that is the case we need to gather their attention by showing your creativity in garnishing the recipe. I recommend you to use colorful dry fruits or fresh fruits and nuts. It not only gives you eye compelling but also its nutritional values and richness of Milk Payasam get increased.
Rice Kheer Recipe, How to make Rice Kheer Recipe, Milk Payasam
- Rice - 1/4 cup
- Dry grapes - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Milk - 5 cups
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tbsp.
- Pista - 1 tbsp.
- saffron - 1 pinch to enhance aroma
- Almonds soaked overnight - 2 tbsp.
How to Make Rice Kheer Recipe:
- In a vessel cook rice with the help of milk until rice turns soft.
- Now add cardamom powder, almond slices, Pista, saffron and dry grapes.
Tip: Soak almonds overnight so that they become soft to make slices if you are in hurry then soaking even 4 hours will give you better results.
- Cook on low flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
Tip: Adding sugar must be done at last or else rice may not be cooked. Also, we need to take care of stirring occasionally so that the bottom of the vessel doesn't get burnt.
- Serve hot or chilled. Rice Kheer recipe tastes great in both conditions.