Samosa Recipe is a stuffed pastry and a popular snack in South Asia whereas veg samosa recipe is stuffed with vegetables. In South India, when you are traveling on the train, you find this recipe being sold as an appetizer.
When you are purchasing on trains and buses we need to avoid this recipe as they use low-quality oil and sometimes they reuse oil until it is used.
Based on the season we can make cabbage and onion samosa or even chicken kheema samosa.
Samosa Recipe, How To Make Samosa Recipe, Spicy Aloo Samosa Recipe
- Plain flour maida - 1 cup
- Warm oil - 2 tbsp
- Water to knead the dough
- Potatoes large boiled, peeled, mashed - 2
- Onion finely chopped - 1
- Green chillies crushed - 2
- ginger crushed - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic crushed - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander finely chopped - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds crushed - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to Make Samosa Recipe:
- Add oil, salt and little water with flour, mix well till crumbly.
- Add more water little by little, kneading into soft pliable dough.
- Cover with moist cloth, keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Beat dough on work surface and knead again. Re-cover.
- Heat little oil, add ginger garlic paste, coriander seeds, green chilli
- Stir fry for a minute, add onion till golden brown.
- Add coriander, red chilli, garam masala, lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt
- Stir fry for 2 more minutes and add potatoes. Stir further 2 minutes. Cool. Keep aside.
- Make a thin 5" diam. round with some dough.
- Cut into two halves. Run a moist finger along the diameter.
- Join and press together to make a cone.
- Place a tbsp. of filling in the cone and seal the third side as above.
- Make five to six. Put in hot oil, deep fry on low to medium till light brown.
- Do not fry on high, or the samosas will turn out oily and soggy.
- Drain on rack or kitchen paper.
Serve Samosa Recipe hot accompanied with tomato ketchup