Senagapappu Kobbari Curry is prepared from Bengal gram and fresh coconut grate. As we all know Bengal gram is fully loaded with protein, it is the best food for toddlers and children for gaining their mass.
Tempering of ingredients gives Senagapappu Kobbari curry, look and feel more craving. If I am right lentils are such an ingredient which can be added to many recipes and make them more delicious.
I don’t remember exact article, but I have seen Bengal gram added to plain dosa recipe to make it crispy and look brownish. Also, Bengal gram has zero cholesterol and is rich in dietary fiber and folic acid which helps in improving digestive disorders
Coming to the point while making Chana dal and coconut curry, I choose coconut grated because it gives you instant energy and is good for diabetic people as it helps in improving insulin secretion and proper utilization of blood glucose. It’s good in magnesium and calcium which helps one to absorb calcium and develop strong teeth and bones.
Senagapappu Kobbari Curry | Chana dal and Coconut Curry
- Senagapappu/ Bengal gram – 100 gms.
- Kobbari koru/ fresh coconut grate – half piece
- Salt – as per your taste
Ingredients required for Tempering:
- Garlic Cloves – 5 no.
- Curry leaves – 2 tbsp.
- Dry chilly – 1 no.
- Cumin seeds and mustard seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
How to Make Senagapappu Kobbari Curry:
- Soak Bengal gram for 1 hour.
Boil soaked dal till they are cooked to soft.
- Add fresh coconut grate and salt to dal.
- Meanwhile, add oil in a pan and add all tempering ingredients.
- Saute for a while and add this to above dal and mix well.
- Senagapappu kobbari curry goes well with puri and chapatti recipes.