Simple Fish Fry Recipe or Andhra Chepa Vepudu is one of the spicy recipes made on tawa and fewer ingredients. This recipe can be made in different forms like marinating and deep frying by dipping in spiced gram flour batter.
Cleaning is one of the important tasks while making this recipe, some of us take time to clean with the help of salt and turmeric powder and some cleverly remove skin but remember even skin has its own flavor.
Simple Fish Fry Recipe | Spicy Fish Fry Recipe | Andhra Chepa Vepudu
Andhra Style fish fry is one of the delicious recipes. It is simple to make and yummy in flavor.
- Fish – 6-10 pieces
- Slat – 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – ¼ cup.
- Fish Masala – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – 6 tbsp.
- Disinfect fish with turmeric and salt under water and keep aside
- Extract lemon juice in a bowl by adding a little salt.
- Add lemon juice to fish and sprinkle salt and turmeric powder.
- Sprinkle fish masala powder and mix well so that each fish is coated with masala properly.
- Marinate for 30-40 minutes in a refrigerator (for better results it is recommended to marinate for 5-6 hours.
Heat oil in a pan and once it reaches optimum hot, add fish pieces and fry till they are golden brown and crust turns crispy.
- Flip to other side and repeat above step.
- Serve hot with onion slices.
How to Make Simple Fish Fry Recipe:
- Clean fish pieces with little salt and turmeric powder with a lot of water, keep aside.
- Take the small bowl and keep 1 tbsp. Salt and lemon extract.
Tip: Adding salt to lemon juice will keep juice becoming bitter.
- Place cleaned fish pieces in a vessel and add turmeric powder.
Tip: Turmeric powder will not only add flavor but also acts as a disinfectant.
- Add 1 tbsp. Salt. (as per your taste)
Tip: We have already added salt in lemon juice so adjust as per your taste.
- Add lemon juice and fish masala powder.
- Mix all until the masala is coated with fish pieces.
Tip: If you want you can add ginger garlic paste and curry leaves but it is optional.
- Marinate this for minimum 30-40 minutes by keeping them in the refrigerator.
Tip: The more time it is marinated, the better taste you have.
- Add little oil in a tawa and place fish pieces.
- Cover the tawa with a lid so that oil doesn’t spill over you and pieces gets cooked.
- Once you find pieces changing their color, flip Spicy Fish Fry Recipe to other side and fry them until they turn to golden color.
- Simple Fish Fry Recipe or Andhra Chepa Vepudu tastes great when hot.
How to Make Simple Fish Fry Recipe Video: