Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe – When one talks about Sindhi food, Sai Bhaji is a typical Sindhi (western Indian) food. This mixed vegetable and dal dish is a winning combination to get protein and nutrition.
When I was a child my mom used to mix curry along with rice and pack it to my lunch. Whenever I open my lunch box they used to look beautiful with dals and green filled spinach. Apart from these two ingredients, I used to have carrots and french beans and leave other veggies aside.
Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe, How to Make Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe, Sai Bhaji
Ingredients of sindhi sai bhaji:
- Carrot - 1
- capsicum - 1
- Onion - 1
- Cabbage small - 1
- Potato - 1
- Brinjal - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Ladyfinger okra - 1
- french beans - 100 gms.
- Spinach - 1/2 bunch
- Coriander - 1/2 bunch
- Khatta 3 leaved greens - 1/2 bunch
- Any other leafy greens - 1/2 bunch
- Green gram dal - 1 cup
- Channa dal - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 4-5
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- coriander seed powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - 2 pinches
How to Make Sindhi Sai Bhaji Recipe:
- Chop spinach and vegetables except for tomato.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add all the vegetables, spinach and dals.
- Mix well, add enough water to cover the contents.
- Add all masalas and mix.
- Place the whole tomato on top, cover and pressurecook for 3 whistles.
hand blend the contents.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee add a pinch of asafoetida and add to the mashed vegetables
Sindhi sai bhaji is ready. Serve hot with paratha or steamed rice.