While making this recipe, one needs to take care of sugar syrup consistency, the proportion of gram flour to plain flour. Homemade Soan Papdi recipe is a kind of a long process and if something goes wrong all our effort goes wrong.
With the concept of this recipe, the homemade version is a bit loose and doesn’t come in perfect shape. Many large companies started making this recipe in large machinery and pack them perfectly as their shelf life is around 3 months.
Soan Papdi Recipe, How to Make Soan Papdi Recipe, Patisa Soan Papdi
- Gram flour - 1 ¼ cup
- Plain flour Maida - 1 ¼ cup
- Ghee - 250 gms
- Sugar - 2 ½ cups
- Water - 1 ½ cup
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom seeds crushed coarsely - ½ tsp
- Almonds Pumpkin seeds, Cantaloupe Seeds and Watermelon seeds (4 seed mix) - 2 tsp.
How to Make Soan Papdi Recipe:
- First, sift both flours together and heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Now add flour mixture and roast till light golden color.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Simultaneously prepare the syrup.
- We make syrup out of sugar, water and milk by bringing it to 2 ½ thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture.
- Beat well with a large fork until the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
- Pour onto a greased surface and roll to 1" thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the 4 seed mix and crushed cardamom seeds and gently press with palm.
- After cooling, cut into 1" squares.
- Soan papdi is ready, store in airtight container.