Spicy Khaja is a typical Indian snack which is prepared during the festive season (especially Diwali). People who are suffering from diabetes or who don’t like sweet will definitely like this recipe.
When we were making all sweet recipes I thought of doing a few spicy recipes and this recipe is one among them. Actually, I thought of making sweet khaja but at the last minute I changed my mind and ended with this recipe.
For better flavor I recommend you to stick with the proportion of gram flour and plain flour (maida) which I have used. I have found that few people add vanaspati during the making of dough but I didn’t.
Spicy Khaja, How to Make Spicy Khaja Recipe, Spicy Indian Diwali Recipe
Ingredients for Spicy Khaja Recipe:
- Gram flour - 2 cups
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp.
- Plain flour - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Omam seeds ajwain - 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander very finely chopped - 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to Make Spicy Khaja Recipe:
- Clean and filter both the flours and mix together.
- Mix both flours, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, omam seeds and coriander.
- Make a well in the center and water.
- Pat the dough for about 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes pliable (elastic type)
- Divide the dough into small pieces which may be around 4-inch diameter.
- Make those pieces into thin rounds.
- Using a fork, prick on both sides.
- After pricking put them on a clean cloth to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Make chapati shape and then roll it.
- Cut it at 2-inch length and slightly press so that I acquire oval shape.
- Heat the oil for deep fry.
- Fry until its golden/ light brown appears.
- Drain all the excess oil and store once Spicy Khaja is cooled down.
- Another way of doing this Spicy Indian Diwali Recipe:
- Once you dust and roll the dough into the disc shape, you need to roll the dough and then cut into pieces.
- Now again you will pat gently with hands and make disc type shape and deep fry.
- In our previous case, we will get the oval shape and this one will have the disc shape.