Spinach soup recipe is one of the light and healthy vegetable soups for the people who love green vegetables. Palak soup recipe is a perfect healthy recipe for pregnant ladies. It supplements required iron content for the body.
Adding green vegetables to our diet will fulfill many micro-nutrients needed for our body. Although some of us may not like the flavor of spinach, Leafy vegetables are low in calories and rich in Iron. For this reason, I make variations with leafy vegetables like Aloo Palak, Malai Palak, Gongura Pappu etc.
Usually adding cream to spinach recipes is a common process, instead of adding cream I have added butter. Also, people who like to have thick soup may add corn flour or even besan flour.
Similarly, people who like to have clear soup may just boil spinach and take its stock and make use of it by adding little cornflour to it, but you may lose its authentic flavor. When you go for clear soup, you may add other boiled vegetables or even add chicken broth. But as said earlier you may lose its essence and move towards experimenting another recipe.
Spinach Soup Recipe, How to Make Spinach Soup Recipe, Palak Soup
- Spinach chopped - 3 cups
- Cucumber chopped - 1 cup
- Butter - 1 tsp.
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Water 3 ½ - cups
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
How to Make Spinach Soup Recipe:
- Peel the cucumber, on another hand, clean spinach.
- Put both of them into a saucepan along with water.
- Cook under medium heat until tender or pressure cook until one whistle
- Let it cool, blend them both to a smooth paste in an electric blender.
- On the other hand heat butter in a pan, add cumin powder, ginger paste, black pepper powder and salt.
- Add the paste of cucumber-spinach and little lemon juice.
- Cook further for around 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
- Spinach soup is ready. Serve hot.