Whatever the process of cooking people implement semolina remains the main ingredient. Also as per flavor or likes, people change ingredients here and there. Some use only water for cooking and some use milk. I choose milk to enhance flavor.
I have seen some using traditional edible camphor for essence, I used cardamom powder for essence. Also, we can use synthetic colors like orange or yellow to give look and feel but I used saffron flowers. I have read that synthetic colors are not good for health.
Whether it is Lord Ganesh festival or Devi Navratri this saffron Suji Halwa can be prepared in no time. Sometimes I make laddoos with this Suji mix and offer as naivedyam. It can be treated as one of the easy Diwali Sweet Recipes, I have read Lord Sai Baba likes this recipe.
I have used only 3/4 cup ghee if you want you can increase it to 1/2 cup or even lower the quantity. Also, I used a medium sugar quantity, if you like you can even increase its quantity.
Suji ka Halwa Ravva Kesari | How to Make Suji Halwa Recipe in Microwave
- Suji or Semolina - 1 cup
- Ghee - 3/4 cup ghee
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Saffron flowers - 3 - 4 no.
- Green cardamom powder - 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Almonds - 10 no. You can substitute almonds with cashew
How to Make Suji Ka Halwa or Ravva Kesari:
- Crush green cardamom and keep aside.
- Take microwave safe bowl and add ghee and semolina and adjust the temperature to high.
- Cook for two minutes without cover.
- Add sugar, milk, cardamom powder and saffron flowers.
- Cook for three minutes at high temperature without a lid.
- Garnish with almonds or cashew and serve Suji Halwa hot.
Tip: If you are using cashew, roast them in ghee until they are golden brown.
Tip: Sometimes you may feel Suji Ka Halwa is hard then you can add 3/4 cup water along with milk.