Sweet Boondi recipe is one of the popular dessert recipe found in temples and other religious places used as Prasad. The main ingredients are gram flour and sugar. I still remember my childhood days whenever there is a function in my school or in the temple I used to get a colorful sweet boondi recipe. You may also like my previous post of boondi laddu.
Sweet Boondi Recipe | How To Make Sweet Boondi | Meethi Boondi
- Gram flour – 1 cup.
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tbsp.
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Ghee or oil – to deep fry
- Almonds – 6-8 pieces chopped to garnish
- Milk – 1 tbsp.
- Perforated spoon/vessel – As per the frying pan min. 3-5 inches diameter
- Natural colors Not mandatory
How to Make Sweet Boondi recipe:
- Boil water in a vessel, add sugar to make syrup.
- Add 1 tsp. of milk to the syrup, this will clarify and scum the syrup.
- Remove that scum and boil the syrup until you find thin syrup.
Tip: While making Meethi boondi it is important to know the consistency of the syrup thickness, take a spoon of syrup and check the thickness with two fingers. If it's sticky between two fingers then remove from flame.
- Don’t cool the syrup, keep it warm.
- On other hand add a little water to the gram flour and make the batter.
- Make sure it’s not too thick and too think. Again its consistency should be in a way that it flows from the perforated spoon when external pressures are used.
- Heat ghee or oil and pour little batter over the perforated spoon.
- Tap gently at the edge of the spoon so that small droplets of batter fall in the oil.
- Fry boondi until they attain golden brown (not crispy).
- Using other perforated spoon remove the fried boondi from oil and transfer them into the sugar syrup.
- Keep them in syrup until they absorb syrup i.e – 2-3 minutes.
- Drain sugar syrup and spread on a wide plate.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and almonds over it.
Tip: you can add cardamom powder during the preparation of sugar syrup.
- Cool sweet boondi recipe until each droplet is separated.
- Store in a tight container once it’s totally cooled.