Sweet corn soup can be prepared during all seasons because it can be prepared from both fresh kernels as well as canned. It is loaded with many nutritional values and is best for all ages. It is one of the yummy vegetable soups which can be served at any point of time. It is easy to prepare restaurant flavored vegetarian soup at home.
Usually, clear soups with sweet corn are served before meals because it will increase appetite. It is served hot with dry bread pieces. Apart from these, you may add your favorite veggies to increase its nutritional value. During the winter season in order to cure common cold and flu, we add pepper powder.
When you are making this recipe if you like to make creamy then just add little corn flour, similarly, if you would like to make it diluted then you can add veg stock instead of water. I have heard that few like to add milk to get creamy texture but I am not sure how its taste looks like.
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe, How To Make Sweet Corn Soup recipe
- Large corn cobs – 7
- Chilli sauce – 1 ½ tsp.
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp.
- Soya sauce – 1 ½ tsp.
- Vinegar – 1 tsp.
- Sugar – 1tbsp.
- Water – 6 cups
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp.
- Salt – As per your taste
How to Make Sweet Corn Soup:
- Peel the layer above the corn and put them in a pressure cooker for about 2 vessels (until tender)
- Put about ¼ cup corn kernels aside for the latter purpose.
- Grind the rest of the kernels and cook it on medium heat with water added
- Mix cornflour in little water separately and cook on low flame.
- Stir continuously until the soup turn thick so that the bottom doesn’t stick.
- Add sugar, soya sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce and salt.
- Add the corn kernels which have been put aside for later use.
- It tastes good to eat kernels along with the hot soup.
- Sweet corn soup is ready. Server hot dressed with coriander leaves.