Tom Yum Soup uses very little ingredients. This version of the recipe is made with pure vegetables and vegetable stock, you can also make the same recipe by adding seafood like prawns or shrimps. You can manage to put remaining ingredients by substituting vegetables with seafood.
One should be careful while managing sour and hotness of the soup by adding appropriate levels of pepper powder, soya sauce and chili sauce.
This recipe can be treated as one of the healthy recipes because it has the capability to treat cold and flu by increasing your immune system. For those who like to have this recipe, thick can add coconut milk into it. During winter seasons people believe that this soup keeps your body warm and provide adequate energy.
Unlike western style, this recipe is not eaten alone before meals, In Thai, this is eaten along with rice. When you are adding evaporated milk or coconut milk, you need to check its spiciness and sour by adjusting pepper or lemon juice.
Tom Yum Soup, How to Make Tom Yum Soup Recipe with Vegetables
Tom Yum Soup is one of the famous Thai recipes, it is enriched with the flavor of lemongrass.
- Vegetable stock - 6 teacups
- Canned mushrooms - 15 sliced
- Cauliflower florets - 12 no.
- Green chili - 1 cut lengthwise
- Ajinomoto - 2 pinches optionally used to increase flavor
- Lemongrass - 1 tbsp. Coarsely chopped
- Lemon juice - 1tbsp.
- Oil - 3 drops
- Salt - as per your taste
How to Make Tom Yum Soup Recipe:
- Boil vegetable stock.
- Add green chilly, mushrooms, cauliflower, lemongrass, ajinomoto and salt
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oil and remove from flame.
- Top with lemon juice.
- Serve Tom Yum Soup hot accompanied with soya sauce, chilies in vinegar and chili sauce.