Tomato Cabbage Soup – A nutritious delicious vegetarian version . I found this recipe in an old cookbook. I changed some of the ingredients as per my taste. The recipe includes a variety of low-calorie vegetables such as cabbage, onions, and tomatoes. People have been using the cabbage soup diet to lose weight for many years more over this Diet works in the short term
Tomatoes(chopped) – 200 gms.
Onion(chopped) – 1 small
Cloves – 2 nos.
Garlic -1 flake
Carrot( grated) – 1 medium
Cabbage(finely chopped) – 100 gms.
Cornflour(optional) – 2 tsps.
Sugar – ½ tsp
Water – 2 cups
Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of Tomato Cabbage Soup:
1. Pressure cook tomatoes, onion, garlic and cloves with 2 cups of water for 5-7 minutes.
2. When cool, pass through a soup strainer and transfer to a pan.
3. Add chopped cabbage, grated carrot and bring to boil.
4. Dissolve cornflour in little water and add to the soup.(If you need clear one then cornflour is not required)
5. Add sugar and simmer and cook till 7-10 minutes or till cabbage is almost cooked.
6. Tomato Cabbage soup is ready. Serve hot.
Tip: Maintain Little crispiness in cabbage to taste better