Tomato Cabbage Soup – A nutritious delicious vegetarian version. I found this recipe in an old cookbook. I changed some of the ingredients as per my taste. The recipe includes a variety of low-calorie vegetables such as cabbage, onions, and tomatoes.
People have been using the cabbage soup diet to lose weight for many years more over this Diet works in the short term. Along with this recipe, people used to have protein filled foods to maintain their diet.
Because of fast food, processed foods, people are gaining weight and then struggling hard to lose their weight. As this is a yummy and delicious recipe, having it occasionally will not only keep your body warm and light but brings the confidence of losing weight.
Tomato Cabbage Soup Recipe, How to Make Tomato Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Tomatoes chopped - 200 gms.
- Onion chopped - 1 small
- Cloves - 2 nos.
- Garlic -1 flake
- Carrot grated - 1 medium
- Cabbage finely chopped - 100 gms.
- Cornflour optional - 2 tsps.
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Water - 2 cups
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Tomato Cabbage Soup Recipe:
- Pressure cook tomatoes, onion, garlic and cloves with 2 cups of water for 5-7 minutes.
- When cool, pass through a soup strainer and transfer to a pan.
- Add chopped cabbage, grated carrot and bring to boil.
- Dissolve cornflour in little water and add to the soup.(If you need clear one then cornflour is not required)
- Add sugar and simmer and cook till 7-10 minutes or till cabbage is almost cooked.
- Tomato Cabbage soup is ready. Serve hot.