Tomato Ketchup Recipe with creamy, thick, sweet and tangling flavor raises your mood to eat more when accompanied with snacks.
Homemade tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes having spicy touch with red chilies or powder gives you amazing feel. During tomato season, it’s the best recipe to make in bulk as its shelf life is almost one year.
If you are thinking how to make tomato ketchup without any preservative then you can skip sodium benzoate but you need to use this within a week or can be preserved for a month if refrigerated.
Tomato Ketchup Recipe | Homemade Tomato Sauce
Tomato Ketchup Recipe is a creamy, thick, sweet and tangling recipe. When you use this recipe, its flavor raises your mood to eat more when accompanied with snacks.
- Tomatoes – 1 kg.
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 4 tbsps.
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp.
- Cloves – 2 no.
- Cardamoms – 2 no.
- Raisins – 3 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Sodium benzoate – ½ tbsp. preservative
- Salt – As per your taste
How to Make Tomato Ketchup Recipe:
- Clean tomatoes and remove any damages on tomatoes.
- Boil the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes and remove the skin.
- In a pressure cooker add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, cloves, cardamom, red chili powder, raisins, sugar and salt.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes on low flame until tomatoes turn soft.
- Add sodium benzoate with little hot water and keep aside.
- Once tomatoes are cooked, cool them and transfer into a blender.
- Blend them to a smooth puree.
- If you feel the consistency is loose then heat over the stove for a while until it turns thick.
- Add sodium benzoate and lemon juice over hot tomato puree.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Transfer this tomato sauce into a clean sterilized jar preferably a glass jar.